Business Pay It Forward Ideas
Pay it Forward Business Challenge
There are many ways businesses can get involved.
- Encourage staff members to participate in Pay it Forward May and promote it internally.
- Print off a kindness challenge calendar for your team for the month of May or create your own!
- Have a departmental challenge where each department competes with each other to make a positive contribution to the community.
- Come up with an act of kindness that you can do for a neighboring business or organization.
- Share coffee break with another business.
- Think of a need that you see in the community and come up with a solution that your business could offer to help fill that need.
- Donate unused supplies to a charity or non-profit that could use them.
- Encourage gratitude and kindness in your workplace by posting positive reminders throughout your space.
- Offer a service or product to customers at no charge then challenge another businesses to match your efforts.
- Donate funds to the Winkler Community Foundation so we can invest it and pay-it-forward to our community year after year.
- Become a sponsor for Pay it Forward May and enable us to make a difference on an even greater scale.
Let us know what your business is doing this Pay it Forward May! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to inspire others through the stories of Pay it Forward kindness taking place in our community.
Spread the word. If the person thanks you and wants to “repay” you (that is, pay it “back”), let them know that what you’d really like is for them to pay it “forward”—you’d like them to do something nice for someone, and ask those people to do something nice for more people. The idea is to consciously increase the kindness in the community.
Even small acts, such as paying for the person’s coffee behind you in the drive through, counts. If it makes the world a friendlier place, you succeeded!