Business Pay It Forward Ideas
Here are many ways businesses can get involved.
- Encourage staff members to participate in Pay it Forward May and promote it internally.
- Have a departmental challenge whereby each department competes with each other to make a big positive contribution to the community.
- Participate in the Pay it Forward May Business Challenge – Offer a service deed at no charge then challenge another businesses to match your efforts.
- Donate funds to the Winkler Community Foundation so we can invest it and pay-it-forward to our community year after year.
- Share your Pay it Forward stories with the Winkler Community Foundation – Send a message here – include pictures and #PIF17
- Become a sponsor for Pay it Forward May and enable us to make a difference on an even greater scale.
So how does it work?
Do at least one good deed for someone without asking for anything in return. Instead the recipient should be encouraged to pay it forward to someone else. Together, the difference we can make is phenomenal.
Pay it Forward Business Challenge
- Choose 1 way to Pay it Forward. Offer a service deed at no charge, chose something to give away, help another organization through act of kindness. Examples could include: free oil change, give 1 hour of service to a charity (i.e. clean charity’s floor), build something and donate it. Be creative.
- Share what your business is doing or did: Send a message here or Facebook: Winkler Community Foundation, Take a picture and #PIF17.
- Make a direct challenge to another business to Pay it forward, begin with a simple act of kindness.
We hope to inspire others through the stories of Pay it Forward kindness taking place.
Printable Pay It Forward Invitation to Participate 2017
There are numerous benefits attached to paying kindness forward and helping someone else. Specifically:
- Doing good for others can have a powerful, positive effect on the immune system.
- By contributing towards the greater good; self-worth and self-esteem improves.
- It can prevent people from becoming isolated, encouraging them to meet new people and step outside of their comfort zones.
- Your Pay it Forward SUPPORT, whether it being a monetary donation or assisting in key services helps enable great work in our community.
Spread the word. If the person thanks you and wants to “repay” you (that is, pay it “back”), let them know that what you’d really like is for them to pay it “forward”—you’d like them to do something nice for someone, and ask those people to do something nice for more people. The idea is to consciously increase the kindness in the community.
Even small acts, such as paying for the person coffee in the drive through in the car behind you when you pay for your own, counts. If it makes the world a friendlier place, you succeeded!