The Winkler Community Foundation is about building community. Each year WCF accepts grant applications from local charities for designated projects and programs. We look for projects that
• Demonstrate innovative approaches and techniques to solve community issues, and build individual, neighbourhood and/or community capacity;
• Encourage more efficient use of community resources;
• Promote cooperation and sharing among organizations to minimize the potential for duplication of services;
• Promote volunteer participation;
• Strengthen an organization’s capacity to be sustainable.
• Demonstrate accessibility and inclusiveness;
• Demonstrate sensitivity to diversity;
• Address the root causes of issues in our society.
For 2022, there is a total of $40,236 available funds local charities can apply for. Here is the breakdown:
Community Fund: $24,909 general community projects
Dr CW Wiebe Medical Fund: $7,996 designated for medical equipment
2014 Sport Legacy Fund: $3,171 designated for sport development and equipment
Darlene Peters Health Fund: $4,160 designated for health-related programs, projects & education
Additional grants by Designated Funds, Donor Advised Funds & Agency Funds will also be awarded. These are awarded based on donor/fund holder wishes and are not directly applied for.
The Winkler Community Foundation builds endowment funds, support local charitable work through grants, and bring community members together through leadership initiatives. To learn more about the Winkler Community Foundation go to https://winklercommunityfoundation.com/. Follow us on Facebook or Instagram or contact our office at 204.362.9292.
We look for partnerships to encourage greater impact in our community. We support community initiatives TODAY while investing in the future of our community FOREVER. We are rooted in community.