Next Steps – Award Recipients
What do I need to do as a Gordon Wiebe Award Recipient?
I received an email confirming I have been selected to receive the On-Going Education Award or the Make It A Reality Award. What do I need to do next?
Step 1: CONGRATULATIONS! Celebrate. Tell your family and friends.
Step 2: Submit the following documents
- Provide a copy of a recent head shot. (Grad picture, etc.)
- Submit by: ASAP
- Most recent high school or post-secondary transcript.
- Submit by: June
- Confirmation of Registration and Student Statement
- 2021 Confirmation of Registration Form (PDF fillable form)
- Provide a copy or screenshot of your ‘Student Statement’ that includes your name, student number, date, course hours, and full tuition fees.
- Deadline: First Friday of August
Step 3: Attend the Gordon Wiebe Award Reception hosted by the Winkler Community Foundation.
- 2021 – Cancelled due to COVID-19
Step 4: Participate in our Peer-to-Peer Connector Program
- More information will be provided to recipients in August
Peer -to- Peer Connector Program
Peer to Peer match
- To provide support to first year post-secondary Gordon Wiebe Award recipients
- Connect First-Year Post-Secondary Gordon Wiebe Award Recipients with Second & Third-Year Award Recipients
- Peer to Peer Program Outline
- Peer to Peer Timeline (Under review – to be updated by September)
*** Failure to complete requirements on time may cause delayed or loss of award. ***